Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: California Dreamin'

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AlexGfromUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Hey,

    I have been planning a trip to california for about a year now and finally I'm preparing to go. I plan to base myself in San Diego, and spend a few days in San Francisco and LA as well. It looks like I will stay for about 2 weeks. Does anyone here live in any of these places?I would really like to have some contacts when I get out there because I'll be on my own. I'd love to help shoot a film while I'm there.

    Or could anyone just show me the sites? My brother thinks I could wind up very lonely in a big city on my own, So I'd appreciate having someone that I already have some kind of aquaintance with to meet up with.

    If anyone can help on this one I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks,

    Alex.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AlexGfromUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've found a contact for L.A. (thanks chas), is there anyone out there who'd be willing to meet up in San Francisco or San Diego, my other destinations??

    Thanks a lot to anyone who can help!

    [This message has been edited by AlexGfromUK (edited June 20, 2001).]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member The_Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2001
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Alex

    I'm going out to California in October, so I want to wish you good luck.

    Why are you going?
    What are you going to do there?

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AlexGfromUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks!

    I'm going to do a lot of everything I love in a very different environment to home (i.e. with some sunlight). Photography, cinematography and BMX biking are the specific things I plan to do. It's also a year out holiday for me before I go away to uni.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Alex

    Im staying in San Diego for the summer, and will gladly show you around.

    In late August, I will be heading back to L.A. to go back to school, so I might be able to show you around too!

    Email me at [email protected]
    or call if you like 619 448 4274

    Scott Sarver

  6. #6
    Inactive Member AlexGfromUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    By the way, where do you think would be a good and CHEAP place to stay, I've been looking at the HIsan diego hostel and and the Pacifica Hotel, do you know what these places are like?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Alex

    Ive never heard of either of those hotels, but if there are hostels in San Diego, I would assume that would be the place to crash.
    Let me know when your coming.
    Scott

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AlexGfromUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    That will be excellent, I'll definately take you up on that one. thanks!

  9. #9
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    I'm in the LA area....but timing is everything...I'm trying to set an N.L.E. suite to go along with my tape-edit room...so you might catch me in the middle all heck breaking loose...

    -Alex

  10. #10
    Inactive Member AlexGfromUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Scott, I'll send you an email very soon to give you some details and tell you when I'll be over there.
    cheers,
    Alex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •